Monday, November 2, 2009

When I Grow Up

For my second post this month I just wanted to write about my kids current lives (surprise right?). So, here I go:

Duffy is 3 and a half now and is definitely his own little man. His latest things to talk about are all sports, hunting, and what he's going to be when he gets bigger like me. Today he asked me if he could be a police officer and a football player when he gets bigger (his words). I said "Of course, you can be anything you want to be" and he replied, "Thanks". It was so cute. Another thing he asked me today was if he could watch Spongebob when he gets big like me, he's always telling people I don't like him to watch that show, along with any other shows he decides I would think were "bad". The past few days he has had a cough and had a fever for a couple of days (no other symptoms mind you) and has been telling everyone he has the "flus". We were hoping to start him at preschool this week but it looks like it will have to wait until he stops coughing, more to come on that another day.

Maisy turned 16 months yesterday and I can't believe how big and smart she's getting. She has recently started imitating what people say and was so cute on Halloween trying to say "trick or treat". The kids stayed with my parents on Halloween night so we could go out with some friends and they said she INSISTED on going to the door every time there was a group of kids, she even screamed long enough for them to get her out of her high chair to answer the door during dinner. She's used to getting what she wants already, by the way. I would say her favorite thing to do right now, other than eat, is to put on everyone else's shoes. She loves my heels and Duffy's skater shoes most of all, and she has a cute pair of boots that she makes us put on even with her pajamas. She's also gone from having 2 teeth about a month ago to about 10 now, all coming in at the same time. She's really starting to look like a little girl now with all those teeth, skinny legs, and long curly hair. She also likes to say hi to everyone and "thank you" for everything.

My kids are each their own little wonderful person. I really couldn't ask for anything more. I could probably write about them all day but I guess I should get some homework done now :( "See" you all tomorrow!

No comments: