Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Day 4-Doing my Civic Duty


Yesterday was election day and I really enjoy voting for local leaders and issues, it makes me feel like my vote actually counts for something. I didn't start voting until last year's Presidential election but I was in a Political Science class and really got to thinking about our right to vote. We take for granted that which millions of other people are still dying over today. Women have only been allowed to vote for less than 100 years, yet polls consistently have low turnouts. We have the choice but choose not to vote, what if they were to take that away from us? I bet we wouldn't take it for granted anymore. I know it's too late for this year but I would like to ask anyone who reads this blog to do some research and get out and vote next election day, show your thanks to everyone who fought so hard to make it possible!

No comments: