Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Day 25- Baking Day


Today I got to spend the day baking with my mom and sister. Everytime we are together, no matter what we are doing, we laugh almost the entire time. Today was no exception! We made apple, lemon meringue, and 2 pumpkin pies. We have never attempted lemon meringue and it is a pretty labor intensive pie, constantly stirring, adding half into the egg yolks, stirring back in, etc, etc, etc. It looks pretty good so I hope it tastes ok! I don't eat lemon desserts and I won't get to go to that family's dinner this year anyway so I guess if it's gross oh well! I know our apple and pumpkin will be good! Anyway, we made a huge mess, made plenty of mistakes, and had a lot of good laughs while doing it. I'm so lucky to have two of my best friends in my immediate family!
Can't wait for tomorrow, I love Thanksgiving. The only bad thing is that when you're married and most of both families live close you have to make a choice on who you are going to see so first we'll have dinner at my Aunt Lisa's (my dad's sister) and then we are going to see Joey's family at his Aunt Leslie's. We'll be missing my mom's side of the family, which I hate to do but unfortunately we can't be two places at once! Luckily we'll see them closer to Christmas.
Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments: