Saturday, November 29, 2008

I Could Have Been Killed

Yesterday was the first time in years that I didn't have to get up at 4 am to go to work, so what did I do? I got up at 4 am to shop! As a retail girl for so many years I came to loath Black Friday since I had to work so early and since pregnant moms try NOT to get up that early there was no real reason for us to be open before 10, yet we still had to sit there and watch the crazy crowds go past our doors. This year is my first out of retail so I decided to see Black Friday the way the other half sees it. I set my alarm and went to bed for too short of a time, when it rang I thought "What am I thinking?" but got up anyway. When I was actually out of bed I got excited, got ready, and got Maisy loaded up (yes, I took my 5 month old daughter shopping at 5 am). My parents and sister came to get us and we drove to Sam's Club. I ran like a mad woman to get my hands on a Wii Fit only to find out they were given out before the store even opened :( anyway, that's how the day started and we had so much fun for the rest of the day!!! I really didn't get a whole lot but I had so much fun seeing all of the madness! We went back home around noon and then for some reason Joey and I decided to take the kids on Frontrunner and I found myself at the Gateway until 9:00, way too much shopping for one day, I'm still trying to recover.
I am so sorry all of you Mother's Work employees had to work yesterday (again, I think it's worthless for you to open early) but hope your day went well, and hope you all make plan for Christmas :)

2 comments:

Kara said...

Craziness girl! I'm glad that you had fun though!! Ya, we took a new extreme to opening early this year-midnight! Grr! ;)

Jana said...

Hehe! I've always had fun going around and seeing the madness! If I'm not working in it it's not THAT annoying! But that is TOO much shopping in one day (even for me)! lol