Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Not to Brag, Well Maybe

*Warning:This is a journal post so if you don't want to read my mushy story I suggest you don't read this one :)
Tonight as Joey and I were watching American Idol I had to go get formula right in the middle of the show. When I came back Joey said he had a new song for me. He had this look on his face, and he's usually a very sarcastic person so I said "Great". Then I listened to Anoop and it made me cry. We have heard the song a million times before but hadn't really listened to the lyrics. The song is "You Were Always on My Mind" and the lyrics are as follows:
Maybe I didn't love you
Quite as often as I could have
Maybe I didn't treat you
Quite as good as I should have
Little things I should have said and done
I just never took the time
You were always on my mind
You were always on my mind

Maybe I didn't hold you
All those lonely, lonely times
And I guess I never told you
I'm so happy that you're mine
If I made you feel second best
Girl I'm so sorry I was blind
You were always on my mind
You were always on my mind

Tell me, tell me that your sweet love hasn't died
Give me, give me one more chance to keep you satisfied, satisfied
Little things I should have said and done
I just never took the time
You were always on my mind
You were always on my mind
You were always on my mind

Some of you may know that Joey and I went through some very hard times and it has been a long road back for us, but I am so grateful that I have him in my life.
Joey, I love you more than I can say. You are the only one I could ever be truly happy with. I'm your's forever.

2 comments:

Jones' said...

That song is awesome!!! Especially when he sang it! I am so glad that everything is going so great for you and your wonderful little family! You deserve nothing but the best!!!

erin maughan said...

Oh my goodness. That is sooo sweet. I will never be able to look at Joey again with out weeping. Hope to see you guys soon. Love ya!