Saturday, September 18, 2010

Must Love Dogs?

Yesterday we left for the night to head out to Wendover (not my favorite place by the way). We left our dogs in the back yard along with our friend Justin's dog Tonka. Aimee came by and let the dogs in for the night because both Tonka and Buddy are indoor dogs and we didn't want them barking all night and disturbing our neighbors. Again, I want to clarify they are both indoor dogs and *almost* never cause any problems. This is what we came home to:
The mess you see is the result of a dog with separation anxiety. Tonka has been to our house a lot but always in the backyard so we are assuming he wasn't familiar enough with our house and got stressed. Somehow they removed a child-lock doorknob cover and broke into the bathroom, chewed up bath toys, the toilet brush, a bag of potatoes, the dog dish, a flashlight, and a bottle of sunscreen from the kitchen, and finally an xbox controller, our remote control, and two of our couch cushions. Needless to say we are shopping for a couch this evening. It is NOT even close to salvageable! It's a good thing we won about $1000 last night! And now I get to clean up this gigantic mess.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh no!! That's terrible! Were you able to have a good laugh about it later, or were you ready to ship the offender off to the pound? I had a couple puppies that I was watching for someone destroy an entire room, carpet and all once. *shudder* Yet I am still dog crazy! I can't help it. =) I hope that nothing was completely beyond repair.