Tuesday, September 7, 2010

How Have I Gotten So Far Behind?

I feel like I just keep repeating myself on saying I will be catching up on blogging, but as I looked through my posts today I realize that I haven't even blogged about either of the kids' birthdays. This really makes me sad because I want to try to document how I felt at each age. I don't even have the pictures from Duffy's birthday on my computer, they're only on Aimee's! Anyway, let me start here: with Syracuse Heritage Days.
We had a great time, as usual, since it's one of our favorite weekends of the year. It seems like the weather is usually really nice and really hot. We all headed to the parade in the morning (except ,of course, Joey-not his type of thing!). Grandma and Grandpa Great were there, Grandma and Papa Bennett, Aimee, Jordan, Carson, Ty, Ashlee, Ryan, and Carter too! We really love parades, and we have a lot of traditions at parades and they kind of all have to do with food . . .hmmm. Anyway Grandma Great brings Doritos and bean dip, EZ Cheese and Saltines, and other yummy treats; and my mom and dad bring donuts, juice, and chocolate milk. The kids love all the off-limit foods they get to eat on parade day. We always get way too much candy and have a great time watching all the hometown floats.
After the parade we headed over to to the little fair they have. We had lunch and SPED through the booths because Maisy's party was later that day and I was nowhere near ready! The kids really wanted to do some rides so we let them go on the big slide with grandpa, it better have been the best slide of their lives because it was $3 EACH!!! What the heck? Anyway, after that we had enough tickets for Duffy to go on one more ride, and he chose the little motorcycles. While all of us were watching the carnival worker strap him in (to make sure he was doing it right!) Maisy decided to release herself from her stroller and take a little walk. Talk about scared, there were a million people there and we didn't have any idea which way she even went. We finally found her behind the "grab a duckie" game thinking it was bath time or something. She was soaked but she really wanted a couple of those ducks!
Next time: the second half of the day, Maisy's birthday

No comments: