Monday, July 26, 2010

Pioneer Day

We had a blast this Pioneer Day! I was really hoping to go camping at my aunt and uncles property which didn't work out but it turned out great! On the 23rd Aimee, the kids, and I ventured out to see if we could find a spot for the parade. We weren't hopeful since people had been setting up for at least 2 days already but we thought we'd try. Driving along Washington we found the ONLY spot on the east side that wasn't roped off and flipped around to get it, we couldn't believe the luck!
The next morning we left at 6:30 to get to our spot and set up. It was a nightmare to get to it since they had Washington closed from 31st-17th and we were set up at 25th, but we managed to snake our way up there anyway. My parents, sister, brother, Grandma, Grandpa, and Jordan's friend Carson were there with us, and it was our first time in 4 years so it was great. When I was a little girl we used to go EVERY year, so I've really missed it. As usual the parade was long, but it was great! The only snag was a family that decided to stand right in front of us so I had to get them to sit down and they took over a huge chunk of our area, but oh well I guess.
After the parade we headed straight to the lake for some fun in the sun. We wake boarded, knee boarded, tubed, and swam. We were on the water about 9 hours, which was a really long time but we had a blast anyway. Duffy wasn't too sure what to think at first and had a hard time swimming in the water but then he warmed right up to it and didn't want to get out! My mom, Aimee, the kids, and I took a ride on the tube which just happened to be Maisy's first time crashing into the water, the waves were just too big for me to hold on with one hand so off we went! She was a little shocked but was just fine after a second! We had so much fun, it was the perfect summer day!

No comments: