Monday, July 26, 2010

Bear Lake Day Trip

Yesterday Joey and I decided to take the kids for a ride up to Bear Lake. It's such a pretty drive and the kids slept for a lot of the way so we had a pretty nice ride. Once we got up there we drove out onto the beach and had fun wading around in the cold water. The kids and Joey got all the way in but I stayed shallow enough that the water didn't hit my stomach, it was too cold! The sand was nice and we even made a makeshift sandcastle. The kids thought it was great when Joey dug a moat around it and the water surrounded our castle. We put a big "O" on the front and then we destroyed it. Everyone was pretty cold by then, because of the breeze and the water so we decided to head down the road for a shake. We all split a blueberry shake, which of course the kids loved, Maisy even tried to eat her cup she liked it so much!
On our way back we saw a car stuck in the sand trying desperately to get out. Joey took the next turn and went to their rescue without even thinking twice about it. When he discovered he didn't have his tow ropes he drove down the beach until we saw another truck with a winch. Then he got out and walked around asking everyone he saw if they owned the truck. Finally he found the guy who didn't even speak English and convinced him to follow us down to the car who was stuck. When we got back to them a truck was parked behind them honking at them and telling them to get out of the way, we couldn't believe someone could be so ignorant!!! Anyway Joey and the truck owner got the little car right out of the sand and we all went on our way. It reminded me of how lucky I am to have married someone like my dad who would go out of their way every time to help someone in need. It didn't matter that we were on our way home, that we were all exhausted, or that he had to go up and down the beach to find someone to help. Joey said he just thought of what his dad would think if he hadn't helped and that Joe would have "kicked his butt". I think it's more than that, I think he was raised to help other people just like my dad was, and I know he would always lend a hand. Besides, what goes around comes around, and someday when we need help I know God will make sure that happens.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I don't think there is anything hotter than a husband that is willing to go the distance in order to help someone out. Kudos to Joey for being that kind of man!! The world is coming up lacking in that department these days. My hubby is always buying bums food and filling people's gas tanks and doing all of the things that most men turn their noses up at, and I know that many of them blessings in my life come because we try so hard to be a blessing to others. Thanks for sharing that and tell Joey he's an inspiration!

Plus, it looks like you guys had fun that day. A blueberry shake?? Y.U.M.!!!! I can imagine Helen (like Maisy) trying to eat the cup! LOL!