Monday, January 12, 2009

What a Weekend

I have been such a blog slacker lately! I promise one of these days I will upload some pics of Christmas and everything else that has been going on in our lives, and I would do it right now but most of them are in my sister's far superior camera (I hardly ever take pics on my own anymore!). Anyway, I apologize but life has been a little crazy since Christmas.


This weekend was busy, busy, busy for us: Friday we went to Bodyworlds at the Leonardo, Saturday was my Grandma's funeral and all that goes along with it, and we had two birthdays in the family this weekend (the first of MANY more to come!).


First off, on Friday I played the "third wheel" with my sister and her friend Tony and tagged along with them to Bodyworlds. I have been wanting to see it for years and I am so glad I finally got to go. When I was in Las Vegas about 5 years ago it was in town and I didn't go and when I lived in Seattle it was in town and AGAIN I didn't go so I was bound and determined to go while it was in Salt Lake. Our only mistake was waiting until the last weekend to go, we ended up waiting in line for an hour and a half, but it was worth it! It really was amazing to see, especially since I love human biology so much! For those of you who have been living under a rock and have no idea what it is here is a pic of one of the exhibits there:




It's called the "Juxtaposed Couple" and it is a man and a woman holding on to each other, it was my favorite!


Next, on Saturday, we had a very long, hard day with my Grandma's funeral. I feel so bad for my mom, she is holding up strong but I can tell she is completely torn apart inside to lose her mom and it was very sudden so that is always very difficult.


Saturday was also my mother-in-law's birthday and she was so great to take the kids for us during the services, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY, again!


Sunday was my brother Jordan's birthday so we had a little get together and had lemon cake and Superman icecream, not my choice but his favorite (teenagers are weird). I can't believe my baby brother is 17! HAPPY BIRTHDAY to him too-he never reads this, but thought I'd say anyway :)

No comments: