Friday, October 24, 2008

A Stay at Home Problem

So, as many of you know I was a working mom until July. I worked a lot of hours, too. Weekends, holidays, everything. I was pretty well put together since I had to look like I knew what I was talking about when I was selling clothing to pregnant women. What has happened to me? Now that I stay home with the kids I am a complete mess. Some days I can't even get out of my pajamas until just before Joey gets home (I wouldn't want him to think I've been lazy all day). It's bad when you are afraid someone is going to knock at the door because you don't want anyone to see you: in your pj's, hair everywhere, glasses still on, etc. It's not like I'm not doing anything, usually, it's just that I have a million other things to do before I remember I haven't even combed my hair. Even when we are going somewhere that day I get the kids looking cute as can be and end up using up all of my time so I pull my hair back into a quick ponytail and run out the door. I usually save makeup for the VERY RARE nights out with Joey, and that tells you I actually get "fancied up" about once every two or three months. You know that Suave (I think) commercial where it talks about motherhood happening to your hair? Yep, they got that idea by seeing me!

3 comments:

Life is Full of Adventures! said...

I don't even want to think about it yet. Some days I have a hard enough time getting ready with just one. I can't imagine how it is going to be with two.

Anonymous said...

*sigh* If only I could say that I have no idea what you are talking about...but it would be a lie! You nailed it down to getting dressed right before Joey gets home! That's EXACTLY what I do. Why? Because he will think I've been lazy all day! I too get the kiddios all cutsied each day and leave myself all frumpy. I keep thinking I'll do better, but where's the time??

Jen said...

Hey Mandy... I'm so glad to find your blog. I think your kids are adorable! I can't believe the Halloween costumes! Did you make them? Check out our blog at dennisandjen.blogspot.com.