Monday, May 10, 2010

California Day 4

*By the way, I've decided to add these collages to the beginnings of all of my vacation posts so that everyone can see some pics from the day I'm talking about. I added them to all the days I've blogged already.
Our third day in Disneyland (4th of vacation) was full of exciting things, we were busy, busy, busy! We decided to use it as our "Magic Morning" which means you can get in an hour before the park opens to hit certain rides. Dumbo was our first stop that morning since it is notorious for having the worst line in the park. The kids absolutely loved it and we got the cutest picture of them with my dad. After a few more rides in Fantasy Land and a couple in Tomorrow Land we finally headed over to the Jungle Cruise. We had been waiting for Joey to feel well enough to be with us for that one. Duffy really loved all the animals and, as usual Maisy slept through the whole thing. On our way over there Duffy even got to ride the fire engine, and since he's obsessed with firemen he thought he was pretty awesome.
Then we headed to Toon Town, which was another of Duffy's favorites. They have all of these interactive things that make noises when you touch them and he had a great time. We went to Goofy's house, met Pluto, and got on Donald's boat.
After that I insisted that we go to Mickey's house, I did NOT want to leave Disneyland without the kids meeting Mickey. He was the one we were talking about for four months after all. The line really wasn't too bad, and the kids' faces were priceless when we walked into the room where Mickey was standing. Duffy seemed kind of in disbelief and Maisy just ran right up to him and didn't want to let go. She just kept hugging and hugging, and when Joey tried to get her to leave Mickey waved him away. It was really a great moment in our vacation because it was just us and Mickey, away from the crowds.
After lunch we were sitting in the sun waiting for my mom and dad when Woody and Jessie walked right up to where we were standing. Another lucky character siting. We got in line and the kids got pictures. Duffy loves Toy Story so he was really happy.
In the hurry to get in line for Woody and Jessie I had left the face sunscreen within Maisy's reach and when I turned around for a minute she decided to eat it. Sounds disgusting right? Her face was hilarious, she didn't know what to think. She just knew she wasn't supposed to be doing it!
Day 3 of Disneyland is also when I got the kids' mouse ear hats. It was the one souvenir I knew I had to have. There are a million choices now for those hats, but I really wanted classics. Duffy got the black and Maisy got the pink. Their names look so cute on the back and the kids look darling with them on. Both of them really love their mouse ear hats, especially Maisy.
After such a long time we decided to leave and relax then have dinner at the hotel. I wasn't feeling quite right but hoped that I just needed to eat. After I ate I decided that was a terrible idea because I ended up having the same thing as Joey. I don't think I've ever felt that sick in my entire life, including morning sickness. I literally couldn't get out of bed at certain points. I still think it's a miracle that no one else ended up with it. I don't know what I would have done if one of the kids had been that sick, I think we would have ended up at the hospital. I'm so grateful they stayed healthy!!!

No comments: