Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Happy Birthday Maisy Grace!


Where has the past year gone? I can't believe a year ago we had a brand new baby girl and couldn't imagine how fast her first year would go. She has the cutest little personality, a complete diva, and all girl. It's amazing how fast you can see the difference in your kids, she is a princess, Duffy is our little macho man. Some first year milestones: Maisy sleeps through the night in the room with her big brother, she takes about three steps, climbs up onto anything she can reach, says "Hi", "Bye", "Got", "Dada", "Papa", some form of brother-kind of sounds like "Bubbu", "Mama" (only when she's sad though), and "Baba"; she also signs "more" and "thank you" and shakes her head "no"; she drinks out of a sippy cup, feeds herself small foods, waves hi and bye, claps, and blows kisses. Maisy smiles more than any baby I've known and almost always seems happy, which is a BIG change from when she was a newborn; although she is learning to throw a really good fit!
I feel so blessed to have my little girl, she really does bring such happiness into our family. While I'm sad that she's one already and I feel like I'm going to blink and she'll be 25, I look forward to all the fun times we have ahead.
I love you my little "Lou", thank you for being my daughter.

3 comments:

Jen said...

It's so weird when you're baby turns one, isn't it? Those first few weeks you think it will NEVER happen. I hope you all have fun celebrating!

Angela said...

You have some fun milestones ahead of you! What a cutie Maisy is. Happy Birthday little girl!

Anonymous said...

Maybe its because its 1 in the morning, but your post is making me cry! I think it probably has more to do with the fact that Helen just turned one, and so everything that you wrote is such a perfect reflection of how I feel too! Especially how it is so amazing to see the different personalities in your kids. It blows my mind. I think I need to start a family blog...you've inspired me!!