Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Our Inaugural Boat Trip for 2009


Well, it's the end of June and we FINALLY got out onto the boat. This year's weather has been crazy! Duffy went out a couple of weeks ago with just my parents but I wasn't there to take pictures and it was too cold to get into the water, so I am calling this our inaugural trip out. It was also Maisy's first time EVER on the boat. She has the cutest little life jacket (which is, of course, the nicest one we've ever owned by the way!) she isn't too fond of it because it barely leaves room for her to see over, but she was a very good girl and LOVED the waves.
Duffy is truly a water lover. Lake, swimming pool, slip and slide, hot tub, bath tub, it doesn't matter as long as it's wet. He's quite the daredevil too so the boat is just a dream come true for him. He loved the tube after we convinced him he wasn't going to fall off, and loved jumping off the back of the boat, as long as someone was in front of him so he could see where they were. Give him a couple more trips and I'm sure he will be the bravest out of all of us.
We all took turns on the tube with Duffy, and my dad and sister Aimee went for a wild ride by themselves, my mom and I were sore just from laughing so hard at them! I have to admit I was a little jealous of the wild ride since I normally really like them but since I was "one-armed" (I have screwed up my right arm somehow and couldn't use it to hold on) I had to settle for a mild ride with Duffy and my sister then mom, and we had a blast, even though it was still pretty cold.
My parent's have had this boat since I was about 9 years old and I have so many fun memories on it. I am so grateful that I can share it with my kids also, thanks mom and dad!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I do not remember your parents having a boat... weird the things you forget. I'm glad you had a good time!